TDS is a special type of site that allows you to distribute traffic between other sites added to your network. Distribution can be carried out both between sites of one offer, and for different offers. The distribution criteria can be the country of the visitor, the type of traffic (desktop, mobile, iOS / Android), probability and limits on the number of leads. TDS preset is created once and can be used in several sites, for example, for different offers.
Work with TDS settings is carried out in the section "Control - TDS-sites". To create a TDS preset, simply enter its name. To configure the directions of traffic distribution, open TDS itself by clicking on the link with its name.
The TDS configuration preset may include several directions in which traffic is distributed. Each direction is a site added to one of the offers on your network. This can be a landing page, prelending, redirect site, or even a TDS site. To add directions to TDS, simply select a site from the list and click "Add". Each direction needs to be customized.
Traffic distribution settings
By default, traffic is distributed evenly between all active destinations included in TDS. You can make restrictions for each direction:
- Probability allows you to set the percentage of traffic that will go to this direction. By default, traffic between destinations is distributed evenly. If the probability is set only for a part of directions, in other directions the remaining traffic will be divided equally.
- Geo list allows you to include or exclude countries from which visitors will be directed to this site. For example, to separate traffic, you can create one direction only for traffic from Russia, and a second direction in which Russia will be in the list of excluded geos. When dividing traffic by country, it is recommended to leave a "fallback" option for fans of proxies and random errors in determining the geo in which the selected countries will be in the exclusion list.
In addition to traffic distribution, you can also limit the number of leads that will arrive in the specified direction. Please note that due to the post-click, the number of leads will not be absolutely accurate. All leads are calculated for the offer to which the selected site belongs, regardless of their source. You can set the maximum number of leads, their status and the period of time for which to count them. For example, not more than 100 leads, valid only, for the last 24 hours.
You can filter visits from bots or suspicious hosts using built-in traffic filtering mechanisms. You have two options for implementing filters, depending on the characteristics of the network you are working with.
Link to filtering campaigns
Some networks allow their webmasters access to built-in traffic filtering tools. They are available on the "Traffic Filter" page of the "Traffic" section. There you can create and configure full-featured traffic filtering campaigns and apply them both via the API and inside TDS.
To link a site to a campaign, select the campaign and specify the desired action: allow visits if the filter allows or denies it. This will allow you to link the site as a target or a dummy site.
It is recommended to use a high probability and the "Target Site" setting for working sites, and an empty probability and no settings for the dummy site.
Manual filter settings
Use manual settings only if you did not choose to link to a filtering campaign from the previous paragraph.
- Traffic. Allows only certain devices to be allowed to the site: desktop, mobile phones or iOS/Android separately. Useful when working with apps to separate iOS, Android, and desktop devices and send them to their respective landing pages.
- Exclude bots by User-Agent. Checks the user's browser for popular search engine bot IDs.
- Exclude bots by filtering blacklists. Checks the main IP address of the visitor for the presence of proxies and spam in the system blacklists.
- Exclude bots by browser language. Analyzes if the browser language matches the list of allowed countries and blocks traffic if a user with an unsupported language arrives.
- URL whitelist. Allows traffic only if the URL contains at least one whitelisted word. For example, the word
adclidwill allow you to get visitors who clicked on ads in the teaser network and exclude the rest.
- URL blacklist. Bans traffic if the link contains at least one word from the list. Often used to protect against spy services that send special UTM tags.
Smart distribution and smartlinks
Traffic can be distributed between the added destinations automatically, using offers EPC as a distribution criterion and offer settings to determine the list of countries. Smart distribution is defined in the following TDS settings.:
- EPC Priority allows you to direct more traffic to those offers that have a higher EPC. The distribution can take into account both the EPC of the entire offer and the EPC of a particular customer country. Offers with zero EPC will not be excluded from rotation and will receive a small percentage of traffic.
- Visitor rotation shows new site from the available ones each time a user clicks on the smart link. When rotation is disabled, the user receives the same site each click for an hour.
- GEO filtering greatly simplifies the configuration of TDS and frees the administrator from having to set country filters for each destination. The list of countries for the direction is automatically taken from the offer settings, to which the site of this direction is linked.
Combining EPC priority by country with GEO filtering creates a fully automatic smart link that distributes traffic to the most successful destinations.
Adding TDS to the offer
Go to the "Control - Offers" section. Find the offer you need and click on the "Sites" button. In this section, you can add your TDS site.
Click on "TDS" above the table. A form for adding a new site will open.
- Domain. It is already specified, this is the address of your site repository. Do not change it unless you are using additional parked domains.
- Site path. Specify any unique character set here. This will be your site ID. It can consist of small letters, numbers and a hyphen. For example: my-offer-321. Should not match the paths of existing sites.
- TDS site. Select your recenlty created TDS from the list.
The rest of the data is optional and can be left with the default values. Click "Add" and your TDS site will be ready to receive visitors.