TDS is a special type of site that allows you to distribute traffic between other sites added to your network. Distribution can be carried out both between sites of one offer, and for different offers. The distribution criteria can be the country of the visitor, the type of traffic (desktop, mobile, iOS / Android), probability and limits on the number of leads. TDS preset is created once and can be used in several sites, for example, for different offers.
Work with TDS settings is carried out in the section "Control - TDS-sites". To create a TDS preset, simply enter its name. To configure the directions of traffic distribution, open TDS itself by clicking on the link with its name.
The TDS configuration preset may include several directions in which traffic is distributed. Each direction is a site added to one of the offers on your network. This can be a landing page, prelending, redirect site, or even a TDS site. To add directions to TDS, simply select a site from the list and click "Add". Each direction needs to be customized.
Traffic distribution settings
By default, traffic is distributed evenly between all active destinations included in TDS. You can make restrictions for each direction:
- Probability allows you to set the percentage of traffic that will go to this direction. By default, traffic between destinations is distributed evenly. If the probability is set only for a part of directions, in other directions the remaining traffic will be divided equally.
- Geo list allows you to include or exclude countries from which visitors will be directed to this site. For example, to separate traffic, you can create one direction only for traffic from Russia, and a second direction in which Russia will be in the list of excluded geos. When dividing traffic by country, it is recommended to leave a "fallback" option for fans of proxies and random errors in determining the geo in which the selected countries will be in the exclusion list.
- Type of traffic allows you to split visitors according to the device from which they came. You can separate desktop traffic from mobile, and separate iOS and non iOS clients in mobile traffic.
In addition to traffic distribution, you can also limit the number of leads that will arrive in the specified direction. Please note that due to the post-click, the number of leads will not be absolutely accurate. All leads are calculated for the offer to which the selected site belongs, regardless of their source. You can set the maximum number of leads, their status and the period of time for which to count them. For example, not more than 100 leads, valid only, for the last 24 hours.
Smart distribution and smartlinks
Traffic can be distributed between the added destinations automatically, using offers EPC as a distribution criterion and offer settings to determine the list of countries. Smart distribution is defined in the following TDS settings.:
- EPC Priority allows you to direct more traffic to those offers that have a higher EPC. The distribution can take into account both the EPC of the entire offer and the EPC of a particular customer country. Offers with zero EPC will not be excluded from rotation and will receive a small percentage of traffic.
- Visitor rotation shows new site from the available ones each time a user clicks on the smart link. When rotation is disabled, the user receives the same site each click for an hour.
- GEO filtering greatly simplifies the configuration of TDS and frees the administrator from having to set country filters for each destination. The list of countries for the direction is automatically taken from the offer settings, to which the site of this direction is linked.
Combining EPC priority by country with GEO filtering creates a fully automatic smart link that distributes traffic to the most successful destinations.
Adding TDS to the offer
After TDS is created and configured, you can add it to the necessary offers. To do this, in the list of offer sites, you must add a new site of the TDS type with address line this:
r.domain.com is your redirect domain and
sitename - is unique symbolic site ID. The symbolic name should not contain a slash and can include only Latin letters, numbers and symbols of periods and dashes. It should be unique throughout the network and should not coincide with the identifiers of other sites (both redirect sites and TDS, and landing and prelending). To add the same TDS to different offers, you need to start sites with different names.
In the created site, simply select the TDS preset that binds to it.